Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Failure

How easy is it for someone to let the world know of themselves and their darkest and deepest secrets. Is it easy to judge people with the way they behave and the way they portray themselves to the outer world. I have struggled with a million questions like this in the past. I am person of the present and when people ask me about my plans I go blank. I used to swing between two poles and I have stopped at each of those million points. After 27 years, I confess that I have failed not once but many times. I failed as a daughter, as a lover, as a partner and even as a friend. I get up each day and it feels like deja vu. I paint the linen which covers me in the night. The only difference between today and yesterday is perhaps only the color. Am I like everyone else, just caught up in this cycle of dirtying and cleansing myself.

-S

No comments: